The Baby K’tan is sized to fit the parent or adult who will be carrying the child; age or weight of child is not a factor. Please use the following sizing calculator to ensure you have the best size. Please choose Australian sizing when choosing your dress size.
Fall Hazard: If your carrier does not fit snugly over you and your baby, discontinue use of your carrier. You may need a smaller size.
Additional Sizing Tips:
Each person is shaped differently, and like clothing, some people may fit into more than one size or fall in-between sizes on the above sizing chart. The following additional sizing tips should be used as a guide to assist you in ordering the optimal size.
- If in-between sizes or unsure of sizing, SIZE DOWN.
- If you are petite - 5’2" or under - SIZE DOWN.
- Use pre-pregnancy size to determine carrier size.
The following chart is also useful. NZ sizes tend to match the Australian size in the upper body and the UK sizing in the hips, so please use the Australian sizing if comparing to the NZ clothes sizing you currently wear. If you have any questions about your size please contact us via the chat button below and we can help you choose the most appropriate size.
Did I purchase the correct size?
The Baby K’tan is meant to fit snugly to allow for stretch and will likely feel tighter than expected initially; however, this does not necessarily mean it is too small.
- When trying on the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier (without your child inside), the lowest point of the carrier should fall just below your chest and above your navel. When wearing your child in the carrier, the lowest point of the carrier may fall at your navel or waist, but should not fall below your hips.
- When carrying your child in the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier: if the lowest point of the carrier falls at or below your hips, choose a smaller size; if the lowest point of the carrier falls at your chest, choose a larger size.
- When carrying your child in the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier, if the carrier feels too loose (i.e., child feels insecure, legs are bumping child’s body as you walk, or carrier easily slips off your shoulder), choose a smaller size.
- The size of the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is not based upon your child’s age or weight. The cross-stretch of the cotton knit fabric and the different carrying positions enables the carrier to grow with your child. Accordingly, you should not require a larger size as your child grows and develops from a baby to a toddler (up to 35 lbs).
The Baby K’tan Baby Carrier is made entirely of 100% natural cotton knit fabric. The Carrier should fit snugly and securely on you and your child. For optimal fit, wash and tumble dry - this enables the carrier to conform more snugly to your body. If you are new to baby wearing, you may think the Carrier is too small, however, a snug fit is optimal for securely carrying your child and for good back support. The cotton knit fabric enables the Baby K’tan Baby Carrier to stretch slightly to conform to you and your child.
It is important to us that you obtain a Baby K’tan Baby Carrier with the optimal fit, so that you and your baby are comfortable and secure. Therefore, if the carrier you purchased does not fit correctly, you may exchange it for the proper size in accordance with our exchange policy.
If you require any assistance in choosing the proper size, a Baby K’tan customer care professional would be happy to assist you over the phone or by email. Please email to email@example.com.
There are no products to list in this category.